Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mixing Arlo HD cams with Arlo Pro cams but won't sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimmyfroshow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I have a basic ARLO Home base VMB3500  and 2 Arlo HD cams synced and working well.   I bought an ARLO PRO cam VMC4030 and cannot add it to MY ARLO or sync it to the base station .   Interestingly,  after the first SYNC attempt.. my wife started getting motion alerts from the pro cam.   MOTION 2747474YTUR4757677     but It would not show under MY DEVICES on the ap or MyArlo.com.     Please advise.  

2 REPLIES 2
jimmyfroshow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i'M A newbie.   I have a basic ARLO Home base and 2 Arlo HD cams synced and working well.   I bought an ARLO PRO and cannot add it to MY ARLO or sync it to the base station .   Interestingly,  after the first SYNC attempt.. my wife started getting motion alerts from the pro cam.   MOTION 2747474YTUR4757677     but It would not show under MY DEVICES on the ap or MyArlo.com.     Please advise.  

brh
Master
Master

@jimmyfroshow 

First off, the person whose account the system was first set up with is the administrator. So, any additional devices should be added to that account. Assuming you did that as your wife got motion alerts, can she see the camera in her app? If so, then I would also assume that her account is the administator account. If you are sharing the devices between two accounts, every time a new device is added, the administrator must go into Grant Access and select the new device to share.

Hope that helps,

Brian