Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing videos recent days

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pixeltron
Aspirant
Aspirant

(Arlo Wire-free VMB3010r2)

Left the outside cams enabled other day when outside and ran up a number of 20 second clips...which I saw in the notifications on the phone app icon. Opened up, tried to download them...they did not download...and now all of them appear to be gone, along with the next day's recordings. (Jun28th/29th)
I had not deleted them.
I was asked to log back into my account yesterday which was odd, said timed out, as it does sometimes, weekly/bi-weekly. Have logged out, logged back in, no changes.
But the videos which were there per notifications, are no longer there. (about 30+), as if there is a missing time gap. And the next few after,  hours later, which should have also been there from motion activation, are not there.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Pixeltron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for reply.

First, a correction...was July, not June, quite more recent (sorry about that). 
And it even happened today again. What should have been 2 to 4 videos minimum during a motion event that should have been picked up, I see zero. Did not get notifications. Did get them when person left prior, but not on their return. 
They're not getting sent to the cloud? 

I have logged in and out, rebooted. 
Armed/disarmed/etc.

Pixeltron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Things got worse. Base station went offline, would not reconnect.
Had to delete all, do factory reset. Network seemed to be under attack or something unless battery cam was disrupting all -- a first if so.

Works better since but still suffering occasional failures to record motion when armed.

Would be nice if had some means to view a log to what's going on with base station and why it is offline, etc. , any interference from network if that is the problem.

Pixeltron
Aspirant
Aspirant

...sorry "battery cam"  = low battery in (1) cam.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you check the motion sensor is working correctly on the camera, use the motion detection utility in the camera settings. They should work for a distance of 25ft with moving side to side. If you’re not getting the distance then reset the camera by pulling battery for 10sec to reset. Then check for improvement.