Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing video clips when recording on two cameras simultaneously from same motion event

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I recently discovered that Netgear made a new feature available, namely to be able to record on two different cameras simultanesouly triggered by the same motion event.

In order to test this, I created a new mode and in it the following two rules:

1. If camera A detects motion, record video on camera A.
  2. If camera A detects motion, record video on camera B.

However, after activating the mode and triggering a motion event on camera A, I noticed that only video clips from camera B were in my library.

I then reset the base station, and the videos from camera A magically appeared.

However, now they are nowhere (in the library) to be found again. New motion events also only show video clips from camera B in the library. It doesn't make a difference whether I use the desktop browser or Android app. Video clips from camera A recorded in the new mode are just not showing up, even though I know they are there as the video clip count on the camera page for camera A is incremented correctly with each new motion event triggered.

Can someone run a test and confirm this behavior with the ruleset above, since recording on two different cameras concurrently given the same motion event seems to be a fairly recent feature addition? I'm not sure if a lot of people have created rulesets like these yet.

3 REPLIES 3
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This has already been tested by a few of us and also having the same issues as you are.  I have another post on this and have already stated that Netgear needs to fix.

Will they, I don't know.  Since there are never forthcoming on problems or fixes, we will just have to wait and see.

-Robert
Anaids
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm experiencing same issue is there a fix for it
Anaids
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called support line there response was itvwas a glitch and would look into it but as soon as I upgraded my subscription on all my a missing Clips magically appeared