Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Mintycinty
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I have been unable to speak through my arlo camera while I'm away from home. This feature works when I'm in the house but not while I'm away. It can't be internet connection because it's been working fine until about 3weeks or a month ago. I use Samsung z fold 5. I have the latest software and app update.  I have un-installed, logged out and log back in but still. It gives the error message connection failed, tap the message to try again.  The app has access to microphone in the settings. I have contacted the support team and the keep sending me links about how to use push to talk. Is there any help that I can kn how to get to fixed, please.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you make sure to have the Arlo app version 4.15.1 installed when testing.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
BFoley
Tutor
Tutor

Having the exact same issue on Samsung S23 Ultra ( my phone and my spouse phone). The microphone feature works when we are in the house, but not when away.  We receive the error message of " connection failed, tap here to try again."  Arlo has not really been any help with the issue but they said they are working on it. We have the Arlo Pro 2

heyfranki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Until a few days ago, the microphone feature worked fine. I initially thought I may need an update, so I saw the app did require it so I updated.  I also restarted the base station, restarted my phone, uninstalled & reinstalled the app and the app has permission to use the microphone and it still will not work.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing these symptoms?

Mintycinty
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, still not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the camera has an issue but try a couple of things first:

- if you have multiple cameras do the others work ok?

- try removing the camera from your account and sync it back again to see if that helps.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was a recent update that should help resolve the two way talk feature. Can you reboot your base station or camera if connected directly to wifi and test again. 

Thank you 

heyfranki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already had rebooted right before I posted. I will try it again. It's fine if I'm home, but it's when I'm away from home that I need it. It's all 5 of my cameras, not just 1.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you make sure to have the Arlo app version 4.15.1 installed when testing.

heyfranki
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just updated and they seem to be working now. Thank you. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@heyfranki Thanks for the update.

Riggs04
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone having issues lately not being able to use the camera mic on the arlo app? This seemed to be an issue last year with mine due to an app update. I have a Samsung s20. Mic has permission and on but when I hit the mic to speak it shows connection failed on all cameras plus the doorbell 

Riggs04
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like they just had a new app update. Updated app and now it's working 🙂 

Mintycinty
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, thanks for your help. My mic now works with my mobile data after I updated to the new software as instructed. Regards.