Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tmoxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone please help me. My device keeps saying “I’m offline”. But I have plugged it back in and out, turned my WiFi off and on. My other devices are all fine. Can not get a number for support in the UK.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tmoxie wrote:
Can not get a number for support in the UK.

There's a UK phone number here: https://www.arlo.com/uk/support/contact.aspx

@Tmoxie wrote:
. My device keeps saying “I’m offline”. .

Are you talking about a base station or a camera?  What model?

Tmoxie
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Thanks so much for responding. It’s the Netgear base. The cameras were working fine and then one morning I came down and it says you are off line.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tmoxie wrote:

It’s the Netgear base. 

It's Arlo now (Netgear sold off Arlo).

What's the label on the base?  There are several models of base station out there - VMB3000, VMB4000, among others.

Anyway, try support (if you haven't already).

Tmoxie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, sorry it doesn’t say anywhere you need to replace the base and isn’t that change at the end of September? This has been down now for weeks. For the model I showed you do you happen to know what I need to buy? Thank you so much!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tmoxie wrote:
Also, sorry it doesn’t say anywhere you need to replace the base and isn’t that change at the end of September? 

You DON'T need to replace the base (unless it failed).  You will need to switch to the new app.  But not any hardware.

@Tmoxie wrote:
 For the model I showed you 

Sorry, I just didn't notice the attachment.  You have a VMB3010r2.  It looks like it is running current firmware (1.12.2.4_2772, released on 25 June).

Did you try the UK support number in the link I posted earlier?

Tmoxie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have tried them everyday since you gave me the number. It puts you on hold and then at about 10 minutes it goes silent and then a faint piercing sound. The longest I have held with no knowledge if I’m still on hold is 25 mins. I’m very frustrated. The lights are on the netgear base and all my WiFi, broadband etc. Is working.