Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Major Video Smearing from 1 of 4 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jcw83
Follower
Follower

HI,

I currently am running 4 arlo wireless cameras, from one base station.  The base station is connected to a wifi powerline adapter.  The adapter provides from 30mbps-60mbps download, and up to 12 mbps upload.  I have 3 bars range on all cameras.

3 out of 4 of the cameras work with no issue at all.  The one camera I have an issue with is experiencing severe video smearing when there is action and the object gets closer to the camera.  I can see cars driving down the street in the distance just fine, but the closer you get and more movement, the worse the smearing is.  I tried to switch cameras up to see if it was the camera, but I experienced the same issue.  I moved the base station about 15ft from the camera and I continued to experience the issue.  

On my garage is another wireless type camera (defender PX301-010), and a motion detection light.  I have tried to troubleshoot this, but cannot figure out what the issue is.  

Help!

Sincerely,

Jon With Smearing Issues

3 REPLIES 3
danb01
Guide
Guide
I have also started to have smearing issue inconsistently on my one and only camera.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since swapping cameras around left the problem in the location, not the camera, I'd surmise that it's the quality of the WiFi signal between the camera and base. Moving the base was a good attempt but doesn't eliminate other issues such as interference from other 2.4GHz devices (microwave ovens, cordless phones, other WiFi devices) or significant blockage by metal or even walls/ceilings.  If you can locate the camera in a different location (could be just inches) that may be the solution.

danb01
Guide
Guide
I personally have had the camera working just fine for the past four months in this location. Nothing has changed except an update.