Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Loyalty Offer for EOL equipment

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Kuraven
Follower
Follower

Good afternoon,

I received the EOL notice, and ordered some stuff on January 2nd, 2023.  Today I received a notice that I was being given 50% off on an order for new equipment, and a code.  I called your support line, and they said there is "no way" to add that code to the equipment I ordered two days ago.  Is this true?  Seems pretty silly that I can't.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kuraven,

I've escalated your ticket, an agent will be reaching out to you with more information shortly.

JamesC

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

You get new products for another 4 years~good luck~

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

At least you got a code.  I have 15 Arlo devices (14 of them now going EOL) and just got an email that my annual subscription price is going up 20% to $180/yr and did not receive any kind of discount code or email.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Film,

The Arlo Smart Elite Multi Cam plan is a legacy plan that you've been grandfathered into. On February 3rd, you can swap to one of the new annual plans for the rates listed here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

JamesC

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks - we have that covered in the other thread so thanks for your help in figuring out the subscription options.  What are the requirements to receive this 50% loyalty offer?  I have 14 devices affected by the EOL notice and have been a paying annual subscription customer for years.  Just curious why it appears some customers are receiving this offer and others are not.

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did some additional poking around and if some of the redditors are correct the discount codes are coming, but they are individualized/targeted and are unique to each customer so it is taking some time to get them sent out.  Apparently they are valid through July so I'll just patiently watch my inbox and hope I get one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

JamesC

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks, JamesC, but I keep getting "Oops! something went wrong. Please try again" and I have a bunch of 4030s.

Film
Apprentice
Apprentice

Update - maybe they fixed it.  Now I received "If your email address is eligible, we will email you instructions on how to redeem your offer."

EDIT - received my code via email...trying it out shortly.

EDIT - order placed - seemed to work fine.  Looks like the subscriber 10% off was stackable too so it ended up being 60% off.

LazyInc
Initiate
Initiate

So it looks like Arlo only value the loyalty of their US customers. I'm in Australia, have received the notification email about EOL and can't get an upgrade offer as it's US only. I guess it's time to look elsewhere, I've heard only good things about Ring devices. 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC

Hi James,

I did not receive the EOL email and only saw it when I logged on to respond to a post.

I've read the EOL PDF and just realized from reading people's posts on EOL that the 7 day free storage will be ending on January 1, 2024. Is this correct that there will no more 7 day free storage for Pro 2, Arlo Q, and Arlo Baby? So essentially the cameras will be completely unusable?

My first reading of the EOL was that there would be no more firmware updates.  I am shocked Arlo that would render all our equipment obsolete. I have 15 Arlo devices that are only 3-5  years old. I would NEVER have bought all these expensive devices if I had known that they would be completely unusable after only 3 years....

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

You don't need to answer my questions in the above message. I think I figured out the answers for now.

(Not sure why I can't edit the above message...?)

scirdan
Star
Star

Today i saw a deal of the day at best buy, 3 arlo 4 cameras pack with charger and extra batteries, $599 down to $319..   well, that same package on the arlo page is $599, so the price is about $20 better than best buy, its NOT 50% off of a price i can get elsewhere, not nearly as good a deal as it sounds like.. 

Oh, and there's that little problem that i already paid for 7 days of cloud storage on my cameras, one of which I bought in June 2020, not very long ago,  and for some reason it would just be taken away.. 

i think at this point, if they are expecting me to just give up my cameras i paid for not that long ago AND forcing me to pay for a monthly fee,, they should be giving me new cameras for free..