Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mcdavis84
Follower
Follower

Once a month at random times my base station suddenly loses internet connection. The base station ethernet light goes dark. The base station goes offline, all the cameras go offline and I end up having to factory reset the base station, and resync all the cameras. I have 1 series one arlo pro camera, and 3 original arlo wire free cameras first gen. I use the app on ios most of the time but from time to time I login on my windows desktop or macbook pro. I have reached out to support about this issue and they pretty much tell me the same thing everytime. It must be something on my end because everything on their end looks good. The cameras have sufficent battery life and signal strength before the base station goes offline in most instances.  My internet connection never seems to be down either (As this is written 720Mbps down and 510 Mbps up with a 9 ms latency unloaded and 15ms unloaded). I have added a FiOS network extender to my home network that has helped with signal strength but the problem still persist. Is netgear arlo even interested in addressing this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An unlit Internet LED means no connection to the router. That can be an issue with the base, the router or the Ethernet cable. Try a different router port and cable. If it happens again, try a power cycle of the router and  base, in that order. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor