Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
stevew20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having a problem where when I log into Arlo to check my cameras it triggers a flase motion detection in one of my cameras and it start recording as per my setting.

It happens on both my wife and my cell phones (iPhones) as well as my MacBook. 

It doesn't happen every time but it happens quite often.

Very annoying. Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try power cycling your base station

stevew20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've tried that and it hasn't helped.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

stevew20,

Consider removing the camera, resync and then reboot the base station. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

DeadReckoner
Tutor
Tutor

Almost every time I log in with my iOS devices it triggers a motion alert. I’ve had this issue for several years and tried everything suggested. I gave up a long time ago and have just accepted it.

A couple years ago the arlo team replied that they could not replicate the issue.

searching for a similar system elsewhere since I’m sure there are competitors now. 

Disappointed. 😪

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

This has been a known issue with the original Arlo. I have reported it earlier on, to no avail. Tried everything........ believe me, don’t waste your time with it. After so long (over two years) to still be a problem for some users, it means they can’t fix it.

I have learned to live with it, thankfully it only happens occasionally.

One thing still bothers me is that suggestions of all kinds are often thrown around, without first reading older posts going way back. That should be enough to avoid unnecessary rhetoric suggestions.