Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local-only recording WHILE online for notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
telnaur
Follower
Follower
Looking to buy an Arlo package but I have a very specific need that I can't find any information about. I live in a very small-town area and the available internet has 150gb monthly bandwidth limits (with ridiculous overage fees) I need a solution that records onto local storage only (it MUST NOT use the internet for rolling recording or footage uploads) But I additionally need notifications send via the internet to my phone if motion is detected, and the ability to selectively view the camera if required. Are any of the arlo packages able to do this? or am I stuck with either local-only or cloud-only? Thanks in advance for the advice! David
2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@telnaur,

I am not aware of any Arlo cameras that will work for you as all the Arlo cameras currently are cloud based. With the Basic Plan, (now referred to as No Plan), you can record locally with no cloud recordings, but the only way to view them at present is to remove the local storage and download the files to your computer for viewing.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be honest, you may want to consider a wired camera system... Arlo will not fulfill your needs due to it is a cloud based system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------