Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Like to hard wire power cameras than relying on batteries. Any secured mounting box for camera?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wloo64
Follower
Follower

Hello, considering going with Arlo security cameras for my home. I have yet to purchase so I’m here looking for recommendations and feedback. Ideally, I’d like to run hard wired power to the cameras rather than relying on batteries. Is that feasible? Also, I’m reading that cameras have been stolen when mounted outdoors. Is there a secured mounting box that the camera can be mounted in to help prevent theft. Any feedback is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes there are power options for ac power to the cameras ( tho the lengths of cords may not be long enough if your placement is not near ac )

No boxes that I know of from arlo or others, but some have used ( DIY ) cages around their cameras...

But, will say that ANY third party camera mount should fit ( regular 1/4-20 thread ) the cameras and some of them have security mounting options to help prevent loss... of course they should be out of easy reach which is easier if you run on ac as no battery changes needed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------