Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library recordings all disappeared!

Discussion stats
cellolyss
Follower
Follower

I saw notification on my phone that the back door camera had been triggered (which made sense, because I heard the next-door neighbour dog barking like mad), so I logged in to see what was back there.  There was the "1" notification next to the back camera, so I went to the library, but it said No Recordings Available.  That was weird, since there were a bunch from yesterday (storm caused a lot of movement), so I looked in yesterday's library, and nothing.  Went to check the other cameras, and ALL of the recordings had been completely wiped.  

What happened?  Where did all these recordings go?  Is something going wonky in Netgear's Cloud?  A week's worth of recordings on all 5 cameras are gone without a trace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rynelliott
Tutor
Tutor

From Support:

Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2.30 AM  Pacific time in their library.   ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for a new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once our server is back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Arlo Team

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Bennyhoffman
Tutor
Tutor

Same situation, 10 cameras, 40-50 recordings over a 7 day period in October and they are all gone. I purchased the account that allows 30 days of storage. I didn't download them to a local drive either.

I marked the 40-50 recordings as favorites. 

What is going on?

island1
Guide
Guide

All my recordings for the month of October appear to be gone too.  I can still see september but all october gone except for the recording that happened this morning when I left.

WTF.. ARLO

This is across all my cameras. Arlo, Arlo Pro and even 3 Arlo Go cameras

What crap.

rynelliott
Tutor
Tutor
rynelliott
Tutor
Tutor

From Support:

Dear Arlo customer,

We are aware of an issue where some customers are temporarily unable to access videos recorded prior to 2.30 AM  Pacific time in their library.   ARLO team is actively working to restore this feature as soon as possible. 

Please note that all your videos are safe and camera system is working. You will continue to get alerts for a new activity recorded by the camera system.

All data recorded after this time will be accessible, and we will update this page once our server is back online.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Arlo Team

RyanTech
Initiate
Initiate

Everything is gone for me as well.

mwmcginn
Tutor
Tutor

Sadly the same here.  It happened that we had some vandalism last night and when the police came this morning I was unable to show them any video.  What are the chances we'll be able to get this video from last night.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

All of October gone!

Todays just started to be saved

kp1251
Initiate
Initiate

same issue here. I thought it was the arlo app, so I logged into my computer and same issue. Hope this gets resolved quickly.

zynmaster
Initiate
Initiate

uhhh....i've never actually needed to look at a video until now and they're all gone. my car's back window got busted last night or this morning and there's no way to tell how or who's responsible. when i needed you most you weren't there.

RyanTech
Initiate
Initiate

"When I needed you most you weren't here"

zynmaster wrote:

when i needed you most you weren't there.

HAHAHAHA

garange
Initiate
Initiate

Guess I have the same issues as others. Had an incident last night and can not view videos from any date other than today. Hopefully they are safe and will have access soon??

rynelliott wrote:

From Support:

Dear Arlo customer,

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Arlo Team

Lorditill
Initiate
Initiate

This is crazy. someone broke into my car at 1:20am this morning. when I went to look a the video. There was NONE!!! all my video on all my 5 cameras was gone. SMDH. what is going on with Arlo/ netgear!!! 

Good thing my neighbor has ADT and caught everything on camera. 

what is netgear going to do for all the people thats going through this???!

2abw
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, in France. Today all the last 7 days' recordings vanished. Hope I'll get them back. The distinguished psychotic next door, whose sick attacks on my property when I'm gone (as I am for the rest of the week) are the reason I splashed out on 3 Arlos, just knocked down a well-attached garden Arlo. I would have liked to have known what happened just before... but guess not. Still, at least I no longer fear he somehow hacked my server just before toppling the camera. That's a relief. Slender chance that this man, Monsieur Bernard Merlo, zapped everyone's Arlo servers...  But if he could he would. S'il le pouvait, il le ferait.

mwmcginn
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry to hear it.  I think they are indicating that they will make record available.

mwmcginn
Tutor
Tutor

They are now indicating things will be back to normal in 4-6 hours..

This is a good reason to put a usb drive into your arlo base station.  I just added an old 8GB now and checked it to see that it was recording.  It works great and I wish I had done it earlier!

rynelliott
Tutor
Tutor

I have USB in mine, but is not an option to record to it.  What am I missing??  I have the standard base station.Seemed odd that ports would be there, but not work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the Pro bases support USB drives. The ports on the original base were there for possible future enhancements but none were ever released. It was never stated that the ports would allow for local recording. When the Pro system came out, nothing was ever done to use the ports.

BTW, the videos are now back, at least for me.

mwmcginn
Tutor
Tutor

Mine started recording as soon as I plugged it in and it caught something.  I could only view it by taking it to my PC and viewing the files.

momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide

They are only saved for 7 days then they are wiped out from the cloud. What was the date of recording ? If you see something you want to save you should be able to download it and save.

garange
Initiate
Initiate
Netgear experienced a server issue for a few hours but has since been restored along with all of my videos.
oklahoma55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked my library and all is gone I see lots of similar complaints

manfredz
Hero
Hero

could it be they've passed the 7 day retention threshold?