Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Latest Firmware Version for VMB3000 Base station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TH1racer
Star
Star

Can somene please tell me how to find what the latest firmware version is as of today 3-2-2017  for Product: Arlo Wirefree Base Station (VMB3000) ?

Base station #s

HW VersionVMB3010r2
Serial Number4894667NA202E
Firmware1.8.1.1_10234

Cameras #s are

HW VersionH7
Serial Number4N71657196B53
Firmware1.2.10342

If anyone has any help info I would appreciate it. Support is taking weeks and nothing.

I am having issues with the cameras not detecting obvious movement and recording when there is no movement. Eating batteries ! I have done everything Support has asked with no help. I have them set per Arlo now Support says I have to update to the latest firmware version. They tell me that i can do this via the web link i use to monitor the cameras in settings, device, device info but there is link, drop down, drill down option on this page.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
About the only thing to try is to power cycle the base, reinsert the batteries in the cameras and see if a notification pops up. You may be able to update using Settings, My Devices, your device, Device Info and click on the firmware section but I haven't had much luck with that. Also, updates normally occur overnight so possibly just waiting is all you need to do.

Worst case, you may want to remove the cameras from Settings, My Devices and resync. Of course, the camera versions are dependent on the base version so you may need to reset, remove everything, and start fresh.
TH1racer
Star
Star

Thanks... I have tried the powering cycle idea. No luck ! 

I have not tried removing them from from setting and starting over like you said. I will try that. I have no option in settings, device, device info or anyother place on the link i go to monitor my cams ! 

I am out of town away from the cams and just trying to find what is the latest version of the firmware ? Is there a page where Arlo shows this info ?

manfredz
Hero
Hero
TH1racer
Star
Star

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what i was looking for.

My Firmware IS up to date yet ARLO support still wants me to update the firmware.... SMH and getting very frustrated with these cams and the support !  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TH1racer,

Camera position can be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC

TH1racer
Star
Star

Thanks James !

Before I permanently mounted my cams I tried them in multiple positions using the guide. Then went thru them again with the communities help and now support even sending in pictures ! I asure you I am at or above Arlo specs and still get recordings with no motion in them, motion detected at 30 feet away but sometimes nothing 10 feet away, both are side to side movements etc..... I have a $ 20 dollar motion sensor light that works better than thess $ 400 cameras......

I apreciate the help tho !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!