Jurassic Period Gear - VMB3000

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OGAeroTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a 3 camera system with "pro" cameras and base station years ago, never even took it out of the box and finally found a reason to use it (several homes).  Plugged into ethernet, tried to setup device, nothing is found.   Tried full reset with paper clip, different computers, different OS and was able to see the VMB3000 was assigned an IP address but no detection, just that it is in fact on the network.      The original instructions read to sync the cameras prior to even mentioning using web config or mobile app to add device.   Account has no devices, it does have a location but don't think that would hose it.   

I did originally sync one camera by buttons but that is no longer the case since reset. 

I assume the application side has totally ghosted the base station.   Tried everything I could to make sure it wasn't some browser or security setting, I figured with an IP address that it would be discoverable.

3 REPLIES 3
OGAeroTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I should add that after performing the hard reset, the router now sees it as "VMB4000" even though the label on the bottom of the base station reads VMB3000.     It still gets an IP and there are two green lights but no matter what I try to discover it the thing is not found.   Tried the mobile app with both Android and iPhone, tried 2 different Windows devices with 10 and 11, tried 2 different Macintosh devices, used Edge, Firefox, Chrome and even Safari.    There are 2 USB ports on the back of this thing, maybe that is the key?   Any firmware updates.   LOL.     I am a 30+ year IT professional and I have pretty much seen everything, except this.   

OGAeroTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I let the device sit a few days and it now has green lights to determine power and network but the 3rd light is amber.   When I try to run the connection process to add a device the 2nd light repeatedly blinks as it appears to be recognizing communication from the browser but still fails to add device.

So it looks like I was just too late in going through initial setup and there isn't any support for it.   Toast...  I don't want a subscription system anyways, so I will build my own.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure no devices are shown in Settings, My Devices. If some do show, remove them. The amber LED on the Camera light indicates the base hasn't been claimed so do that first. WHen that's complete, simply briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) and then a camera button. Does all that work properly?