Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues with Camera/Battery

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
snoozee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras and over the past couple of months one of them appears to be draining battery life, I put new batteries in it just 2 weeks ago as the last ones only lasted for 2 weeks and it's now appearing as being offline again !!

It is set to record for only 20 secs and although it is an entry camera it's battery life up until now has been at least 6 months. I really don't want to have to replace the batteries every 2 weeks so what could be draining them so quickly ??

The camera information is as follows and is identical to the other 2 cameras

HW Version  H7
Serial Number  48B1527R222C9
Firmware  1.2.16720

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snoozee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve contacted support and they are replacing my camera as there is obviously a major problem when it chews through batteries over a 2 week period 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the troubled camera with one of the others... to see if the problem follows the camera ( or it's something else ).

If it continues in the new location, contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
snoozee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks i’ll Give that a try

Arlo123
Tutor
Tutor

Try to remove the camera from your account Settings > My Devices > Select camera > Remove device. Once camera has been removed, unplug the base from outlet for 1 minute then plug it back. Wait until it boots up completely.

Before re-syncing the camera, us the battery of your working camera, then re-sync camera to your base. 

If camera is already synced, adjust the motion sensitivity to 75% and the recording length to 10 seconds. For isolation, try to place the camera to other location and observe for 48 hours. If battery still quickly drains, you may need to call the Arlo support to assist you.

You may also read this article: https://kb.arlo.com/291/How-can-I-extend-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Go-camera-s-ba...

🙂

Iskandar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 ARLO cameras

I'm using newly charged batteries on all 3 cameras.

1 is working fine.

2 others do not have any light when I close the cover. No blue light, no amber light.

I have checked terminals and even tried switching batteries, No go.

I have also tried Settings > My Devices > Select camera > Remove device. No go.

Help please?

snoozee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve contacted support and they are replacing my camera as there is obviously a major problem when it chews through batteries over a 2 week period 🙂