Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with Arlo battery changing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mark_nufc09
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 wire free cameras connected to my base station at my house. I tried changing the batteries to one of my cameras. When new batteries were installed it was showing battery is low level/dead. I removed the camera from my base station and tried to re sync but the camera now wont turn on with new batteries installed. These are all installed correctly and are the correct batteries. Im not sure what the issue is or how to correct?
6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like the batteries are faulty. You didn't buy fakes from eBay or something like that? The best bet here would be to take the batteries out of another camera and put them in this camera. Ensure the polarities are correct. Let the batteries sit up passively and use the door to push them down into place. Wait a few seconds for the blue LED on the front of the camera to flash. If there's an orange LED, the batteries are too low or incorrectly placed or not making contact adequately

Mark_nufc09
Aspirant
Aspirant
The batteries from another camera were showing 80% and when placed into either of these cameras they dont power it up. There is no light at all when batteries are fitted the correct way around
steve_t
Master Master
Master

OK, sounds like the camera might be faulty. Contact Support through the link at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, you might have to go through the entire process again starting from the most basic stuff eg power cycle the base but hopefully they'll get your sorted in a reasonable amount of time

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance did you push the batteries down when inserting?  If so, don't - they sometmes stick down. Just place the batteries in their slots and let the battery door do the pushing.

Mark_nufc09
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried letting the battery cover push the batteries into position and there was no difference. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here.