Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there any successful way of retrieving older recordings ?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WC_101214
Aspirant
Aspirant

Someone broke into our property 12 days ago we need to be able to retrieve recordings of the break in, we were unaware that the library only stores recording for 7 days. We have done some reading and some people has been able to retrieve older recordings by subscripting to arlo - we did this and brought the arlo smart subscription for £1.99 per month to try and retrieve older recording however this did not seem to work. Is there any successful way of retrieving older recordings? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read up on Smart - it has nothing to do with the number of days videos are kept in the library. You need to subscribe to at least Premier to have a chance of recovering older videos.

WC_101214
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I don’t think that works as I just upgraded to premier however it did not change and I am still unable to view old messages
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a crap shoot as to whether upgrading the subscription allows access to older videos. Soem have said it works, others not so much. If you're on Premier and can only see the last 7 days, cancel your subscription unless it will otherwise be useful. Arlo may have tweaked how videos are saved so that subscribing offers no additional look-back when first signing up.