Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is the camera still using battery even when the base station is disarmed?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ian_vincent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera set up in my shed.  I only need it to record when I am either ot at home or at night.

I have set up the geo fencing and scheduling on the base station to cover the above so that it is disarmed during those times but is the camera still using battery even when the base station is disarmed.  If so, is there any way I can disable the camera automatically or do I have to do it manually?

Rgds Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disarmed and Off are the same thing relative to battery consumption. The camera has to still be able to act on signals to arm or be turned on but is otherwise quiet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Actually, the camera should use almost null power when disarmed... it is at the lowest power consumption.

My very low use cams run almost 7 months.

Does it have a good signal? Is the weather colder lately? ( battery may sag a bit but still be good )

How often does it run, record, etc ... how long a time are we talking about.?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ian_vincent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Tom,

Thks for the response.  Just to be sure, can you please confirm that when the Base Station is disarmed the camera will be using negligable power?  In other words there is no need to turn the camera off as well?

Signal is not brilliant because it is covering an outside shed which is in line of sight to the router but is approx 50 feet away. 

At the moment it is too early to tell if I have battery consumption issues and everything seems to be functioning well but I just didn't want to be wasting battery.

Rgds Ian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disarmed and Off are the same thing relative to battery consumption. The camera has to still be able to act on signals to arm or be turned on but is otherwise quiet.