Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to get email or text alerts on two different smart phones or a smartphone and my comp

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chinomower
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to get email or text alerts on two different smart phones or a smartphone and my computer?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

chinomower wrote:

Is it possible to get email or text alerts on two different smart phones or a smartphone and my computer?

It is possible to get EMAILS and PUSHES ( android/ios ) to multiple devices at the same time.

When setting up you add the email addresses ( extras are added by clicking the + button )

As to Text messgs or SMS, Arlo does not send them...BUT  if you use the format provided by your cell service, many allow phone#s to be email addresses and they will convert to SMS ( some companies do it better than other when stripping out the extra html but it will alert you either way )

I actually like this as its easier for my phone to pop up sms over email.

Example is verizon ;   5551234567@vtext.com   ( phone number followed by vtext.com )

full list of cell providers here ; http://www.emailtextmessages.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are two types of notifications - email and push (NOT text). Emails will be sent to whomever is set up in your rules to receive them and can be set individually.  Any device with email will recive them.  

Push notifications are global - if enabled, everyone with the app installed and logged in will get them.  They're only available using the app so a computer wouldn't get them.

So, load the app on however many phones you want and get the push notifications.  If one phone user doesn't want them, use the phone settings for the app to turn off the notifications.  Emails will be sent like any other email to any device.