Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent recording-Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scardy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Three people left my house by the same door, 15 minutes apart, Arlo only recorded one of them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Scardy wrote:
88%, I'm trying to incrementally decrease it because it picks up cars occasionally in the top of screen. I don't know how to post a snapshot. Placement is outside about 20 feet from sidewalk and driveway.

To post a snap shot, go to live view, click the camera icon it will take a picture... go to library and download the pic local.

Hit the picture icon above on top row of messg entry box ( two over from smile face )

browse to pic and select insert and it will appear in messg

Second, the max range for people is about 20 ft for the Arlo / 24 ft for the Pro... cars are bigger reflectors of IR so get picked up out more.

Change the position of the camera to avoid roadway if possible to eliminate false trigger from cars and possiblly change location of camera to get closer to sideway or the area tyou want detection.

I always suggest to not cover more area then the senso picks up so we're looking at a radius of 20+ft for field of view re camera ( 130 degrees )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the placement

what is the sense level

can u post a snap shot from camera

Scardy
Aspirant
Aspirant
88%, I'm trying to incrementally decrease it because it picks up cars occasionally in the top of screen. I don't know how to post a snapshot. Placement is outside about 20 feet from sidewalk and driveway.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Scardy wrote:

To post a snap shot, go to live view, click the camera icon it will take a picture... go to library and download the pic local.

Hit the picture icon above on top row of messg entry box ( two over from smile face )

browse to pic and select insert and it will appear in messg

Second, the max range for people is about 20 ft for the Arlo / 24 ft for the Pro... cars are bigger reflectors of IR so get picked up out more.

Change the position of the camera to avoid roadway if possible to eliminate false trigger from cars and possiblly change location of camera to get closer to sideway or the area tyou want detection.

I always suggest to not cover more area then the senso picks up so we're looking at a radius of 20+ft for field of view re camera ( 130 degrees )

Scardy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm a newby, so the first part of your answer talks about places I haven't explored yet! The second part makes total sense to me, so I can easily move my camera closer and try it that way. Thank you for your help!