Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent Motion sensing/recording stops. Occurs every 2 days and need to restart Base Station.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue: Recording (video clip) function stops and/or missing recordings in the library.

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Home Security Camera System with 4 cameras. Two of which are mounted right next to each other, pointing in opposite directions, and am experiencing intermittent recording issues with these two cameras. This issue is occurring at different times, where one of these two cameras will just stop recording images/video. This occurs about every 2 days with one of the cameras and the only way to get the camera working/start recording again is to restart the base station through the app.

This is not a motion sensitivity issue either. The camera setup works fine initially and after reset, like I want it to, and then the recordings (video clips) just stop or aren’t there in the library (this is occurring both within the app and online/web-based access).

Anyone experiencing this issue? Does Arlo have a system functionality issue with cameras mounted close together?

I’ve also tried multiple “motion detection test(s)” when this issue occurs and the yellow light flashes showing that the camera is working. However, the camera(s) do not go back to recording when they should based on previous/similar motion. Cameras are set to 300 seconds or record video until motion stops. The live video function works after experiencing this issue so I know it’s not a communications/network issue. I also have done a factory reset as Arlo suggested. The system is not working as intended without this frequent requirement to restart the base station. These 2 cameras experience higher traffic/usage (focus on a city sidewalk) but wouldn’t think this would be an issue.

Arlo support has been no help either. After spending over a month with them, going back and forth, they said they won’t replace cameras/hardware since it’s out of warranty. However, I’m not convinced it’s hardware related.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think there's a statement in the FAQs or other documentation that cameras should have some separation to prevent interference with each other's signal. I don't recall the spacing but it's a few feet as I recall.

pcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there documented symptoms or known issues with mounting the cameras too close together?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen the mention someplace here. Not sure if it's in the product documentation, FAQs or a post from Arlo.