Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installed arlo 3 now my old arlo system wont work

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up an arlo 3 system then my old arlo stopped working.  The base station simply wont pick up the cameras - either that or the app wont show them.

17 REPLIES 17
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:

I set up an arlo 3 system then my old arlo stopped working.  The base station simply wont pick up the cameras - either that or the app wont show them.

Are the old cameras on a different base?

Did you add the new cameras to your existing account, or set up a new account?

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
They are different bases, same account but the news ones are set to save locally.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
They are different bases, same account

And the original base station is not showing up in the account???

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Original base station shows in the account. I deleted 3 cameras and tried to re-sync them but either the app doesn’t show them or the base station isn’t picking them up. The remaining camera shows as offline in the app.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
 I deleted 3 cameras and tried to re-sync them but either the app doesn’t show them or the base station isn’t picking them up. 

Not sure why you did that - were you trying to move them to the new base?

You have to re-add the cameras (since you deleted them).  Have you tried using the web ui instead of the app?

@amanda66 wrote:
The remaining camera shows as offline in the app.

Is the old base online?

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Old base shows in the app. Website redirects to the app when you try to view cameras.
I deleted them so I could re-add and sync them...also why I left one as it was.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
Website redirects to the app when you try to view cameras.

Use a PC to access the website.

@amanda66 wrote:
I deleted them so I could re-add and sync them...also why I left one as it was.

If you were planning to leave them on the original base, you didn't need to delete them.

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem from a pc as from the app. Old base and remaining camera show but camera shows offline. As said previously when the problem occurred the intention was to delete them and re-connect and sync to see if that worked.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
Same problem from a pc as from the app. Old base and remaining camera show but camera shows offline. 

Is the old base also off-line?  Have you tried restarting it?

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Old base is online. I have shut it down and restarted and it comes back online fine. Hit the sync buttons and the cameras flash orange once in a while while the base station tries looking for them. Cameras never connect.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
Old base is online. I have shut it down and restarted and it comes back online fine. Hit the sync buttons and the cameras flash orange once in a while while the base station tries looking for them. Cameras never connect.

Odd.  This is all on the original account?

Have you tried adding one of the deleted cameras to the new base?

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Deleted ones flash orange but the one which I did not delete still shows in the account but as not connected. I’m thinking about moving the old base station and attaching to a wifi extender to avoid (maybe) any interference from the new base station ... clutching at straws here - and yes still on the old account.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you they have already been in touch. Upload speed is fine. Will be trying the change of channel. Will also, if necessary, move a base station as re-arrange cameras so they virtually work different ends of the property. Will let you know how it goes.
amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried connecting the old base station to a wifi extender the other end and of the property - didn’t work. Tried changing channels - didn’t work. Moved the old base station from LAN 4 port in the modem (where it’s always been) to LAN1 (new base station is on LAN 2) Lo and behold it works... Don’t know why???
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amanda66 wrote:
Moved the old base station from LAN 4 port in the modem (where it’s always been) to LAN1 (new base station is on LAN 2) Lo and behold it works... Don’t know why???

Could be a failed LAN port on the router.  You could try moving the second base to LAN 4, and see what happens.

Or leave well enough alone... 

amanda66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but will be leaving well enough alone. If it was the LAN port the base station wouldn’t have connected either but it did. 🤪 oh well. Thanks for the help.