Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Individual Arlo Camera Scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JetResearch
Follower
Follower

I want to set each camera with motion detection at specific times. Right now they're either all on, or all off. That's not very convenient when you want the outside cameras on, and the inside ones off. Then allow the inside cams to turn on and off on their own.

I have two outside cams. I'd like for each of them to come on at about 8PM, then run all noght (say until 5 AM). The interior cameras should run from about midnight to 4 AM.

Any idea how to do this? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, read the FAQs about creating and using modes and rules. Use the Mode tab, click on your base and create a new mode. Step through the wizard and set up a rule. If you need another rule for another camera, save and reedit the mode. Add a rule and go through the same process, selecting a different camera. Creta e another new mode and rules as appropriate. When the modes and rules are correct, use the schedule to automatically activate them. Just be aware that only one mode at a time can be active (hence the need to create multiple modes with different rules) and that the schedule starts at 12:00AM and ends at 11:59PM. That means one mode will be scheduled from 12:00AM to some time and then from some time til 11:59PM instead of some time through midnight to another. It's easy once you see the logic.