Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incredibly frustrated with "Camera failed to connect. Please try again" message. May return items

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LAjamil1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for any light you may be able to shed on my issue.  I recently purchased 5 wire-free cameras and a base station based on many positive reviews from the Netgear and Amazon community.  Unfortunately, my experience has been anything but positive.  

Now, I understand that expecting the performance of a wired camera is totally unreasonable, but when the camera does not load 50% of the time what is the point of having it really?

I can put up with the lag, the 10-20 second loading times, the spotty motion detection that often times doesn't activate until the subject is well out of sight (resulting in recordings showing absolutely nothing), and the incredibly short range of the base.  But frankly, I am about fed up with seeing the "Camera failed to connect" warning.  It is absolutely ridiculous that I am unable to view my cameras when needed.  In short, is this an issue that is corretable via firmware/software updates, or can us Arlo users expect to be dealing with this for a while?

I have had this issue with both Chrome and Firefox, on both iPhone and home PC.  I have a 75 mbps connection at home, and fiber in my office.  Additionally, the base is hardwired and is not experience any lag caused by a wireless connection.

This is a fantastic product, but the funcionality simply is not there yet IMO.  Thank you for any and all help!

Regards,

Arlo POS.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LAjamil1,

Does this happen with all cameras or just the two shown above? It could be an interference issue between the base station and the cameras. You might consider relocating the base station closer to the cameras and away from any other wireless devices to ensure an uninterrupted signal.

JamesC

LAjamil1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Unfortunately it happens to all camera's, not just the two in the image.  There is no particular order as to which ones will not work, and seems random.  As for relocating the base station, I have a console specifically for electronics and prefer to keep everything out of the way.  The cabinet is, however, very open and centrally located, and shouldn't restrict range.  The farthest camera in the house is no more than 15' from the base.  

Thanks for any pointers

Best

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LAjamil1,

If there are other wireless devices in your cabinet near the base station, that could be causing the issue. What are the nearby devices? If you could temporarily move the base station away from the cabinet to test, this would help isolate the issue.

JamesC