Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TheRealDaali
Star
Star

Biggest issue, default modes only on time ARM/DISARM.  Need to allow custom modes as I have chained motion events in a custom mode (or allow me to add chain events to default ARMED mode).

Scenario 1: IF 6:45AM  then ARM ARLO (CUSTOM MODE), not default ARMED/DISARM

Second IFTTT issue: If motion on VMC3030 camera on account, then record on Arlo Q on same account.  IFTTT recipe is successfully created(all cameras are listed as you would expect), but never fires due to ARLO IFTTT bug

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheRealDaali,

Could you provide a link to the recipe you are using that isn't behaving as expected? I will test this to see if I can replicate the issue.

JamesC

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

JamesC,

The recipe is not a public one, however, if you have an arlo wireless and arlo Q on the same account you can test.

The bug is this, any motion detected trigger(IF) on 1 system in the account, will not trigger the ACTION (THEN) on the other system.

I have tried motion detection on Arlo, then trigger arm or trigger record on Arlo-Q.  Below is screen shot: 

Basement camera is ARLO WiRELESS

Downstairs camera is ARLO Q.  

Both are on same account as you can see the app sees them in the dropdown boxes, and it appears it should work.

arlo_ifttt.png

After creating the recipe, you can check it initially and it will succeed the "check".  However, if you go back and "check recipe" you will get an error of "recipe failed".  Below is the screenshot of the very unhelpful log entry:

arlo_ifttt2.png

You can click the "edit the arlo channel" just to make sure you didn't somehow get disconnected, but that does not help the recipe to function.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheRealDaali,

I tested this first with an Arlo Q triggering a Wire-Free camera to record and then reversed the recipe for a Wire-Free camera to trigger an Arlo Q to record. Both versions of the recipe worked without issue resulting in library recordings and the IFTTT logs show success.

Is it possible one of your cameras was unreachable or offline or currently active and recording when you tested this IFTTT recipe?

JamesC

TheRealDaali
Star
Star

No sir. These are all online.  I have deleted and remade the recipe several times.  At least now when you "check" the recipe it passes, but does not fire.

I've even made the recipe even more simple, by just trying to ARM the Arlo-Q device if motion is detected on wireless/battery arlo.  no dice, still get the same error in logs

"Arlo Trigger error8 minutes ago

An error with Arlo prevented your Recipe from working. Edit the Arlo Channel or try again. If errors persist, visit the Help page for support."

dineshreds
Initiate
Initiate

Did you figure out how to arm a specific custom mode from IFTTT or Stringify?

I have a camera inside my house and outside, i want to disarm my cameras via geofencing and reactivate only my outside camera (custom mode i created as 'home') with a 4 min delay. this way i dont save my own videos every day.

However today only functions available are to arm or disarm the arlo via IFTTT, cant set custom modes.

Have you figured this out? or can the admin help?

tomjohn
Guide
Guide

I created this idea in the Arlo Idea Exchange: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Enable-Custom-Modes-from-IFTTT/idi-p/1260020#M59... to request IFTTT support for custom modes.

Please come chime in/add kudos if this feature request would still be useful to you!