Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the Arlo system with 2 cameras and had been using IFTTT recipes successfully up until approx 2 weeks ago.  They now only work as a trigger to disarm/arm the arlo base station,

They wont work if the trigger is for example:

'arlo motion'- IFTTT trigger -  record video on my homeboy device OR turn on WEMO plug OR send text applets, none work anymore.

IFTTT receipes work the other way round though, for example

'homeboy disarmed/armed' - IFTTT trigger - Disarm /arm arlo base station

'Sunset' - IFTTT trigger - arm arlo

The above tells me that the Arlo service is talking to IFTTT but for some unknown reason the applets that are 'triggered' by an arlo event just stopped working after approx 18 months of working fine.

I have disconnected the Arlo service and reconnected on IFTTT, deleted all Arlo receipes/applets and started again.  Reset the base station and still no joy.  Event log in IFTTT lists failed events stating 'problem with the arlo service'

Is any one using IFTTT successfully to trigger something else on an Arlo event, eg arlo motion triggers something else to happen on another device?

I have a support case open with Arlo but would like to know if its just me or others are having this issue too.

167 REPLIES 167
pwalkley
Initiate
Initiate
I have several ifttt applets with Arlo that are not working. It's not allowing me to turn the applets on. Says "There is a problem with the applet's configuration. Fix in Applet's settings." Then when I go to the applet's settings under "device" it says "loading" and never pulls up a list of devices to choose from. This is happening with all my Arlo ifttt applets. So I can't enable any ifttt applets using Arlo.
jb525
Guide
Guide
Fyi....I have a case open with Netgear. They have confirmed they have replicated the issue and are working it. It was confirmed on Dec 25th 2017.

Case Summary: IFTTT issue_Unable to select Arlo Device just shows LOADING in creating an applet
Product: VMB4000
PappaSmurfTM
Tutor
Tutor

Well i was scratching my head wondering why IFTTT wasnt working now i know but 4 Months and no Fix that is extremley poor. I did manage to get the basic Call my Phone if motion wsa detected on a specific camera, however none of the Arm or Disarm (zonal) or Google Assistance works i get a 404 not found in the Applet.

ndillane
Tutor
Tutor

I can not get Arlo to work with IFTTT  I am getting this error message " Arlo seems to be down right now" 

I have checked and the Arlo service seems to be active under services in IFTT.

I have deleted and re-added the service multiple times. I just got the 3 Camera HD Arlo kit from Amazon so still have time to send back. Seems like this is an ongoing issues that needs to be resolved asap as this an important service to integrate Arlo to Smart home system which are the likely target customer for their products

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 22.47.58.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-29 at 22.31.16.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-29 at 22.47.58.png

Logan5nx
Tutor
Tutor

Can't get an applet to see my Arlo after linking account. Hope it is resolved soon.

ndillane
Tutor
Tutor

I spent about an hour online with Arlo support last night and we tried everything to no avail. 

I read somewhere that https://www.stringify.com/ ( a competitor to IFTTT) works with Arlo and google home.

I took a quick look and got it set up for my google home and it has "flows" already set up for Arlo so looks promising as I was able to arm/disarm my camera from stringify.

If anybody has success would be great if you could post here.

Still amazed that Netgear/Arlo have not resolved IFTTT issue as they advertise it as a feature and reference it in the user manual. 

tks

Noel

PappaSmurfTM
Tutor
Tutor

GeoLocation works within Arlo App itself, so when you leave an area it arms and disarms on your return. ITFFF dosnt work, Stringify works a treat also i was able to setup multiple triggers and even send recordings directly to my Google Drive account so no need for USB Recording either. I have yet to test it with Google Assistant but im sure it will work.

PappaSmurfTM
Tutor
Tutor

Confirmed it does work with Google Assistant (although its a bit of a mouthful) "Ok Google... tell stringify Arm or Disarm"

ndillane
Tutor
Tutor

Thats great PappaSmurf ... thanks for letting us know. At least we have a workaround for IFTTT 

tks

N

Logan5nx
Tutor
Tutor

Could you setup the Google Assistant trigger in IFTTT and then have that run the Stringify flow so it is a little more friendly? I don't have Stringify yet so can't check.

Edit: I setup an account and was able to get this to work. Have to link Stringify to Arlo, have to link IFTTT and Stringify as well, but it works. No support for custom modes, though, just Arm and Disarm like it looks like IFTTT has. Hopefully that changes soon! 

Jimenez00
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is still a problem. I am new to IFTT but thought it was awesome idea to connect my google home and arlo pro. 

rjaxin
Initiate
Initiate

When I create recipies with IFTTT, it will not fetch m list of cameras for Actions (ie arm, disarm, record) - it just shows `loading...`.  It DOES fetch the list correctly in the triggers (motion, batteries low).  I have tried unlinking/relinking account - no change.

LordZozo
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue, i am unable to create new recipes with ifttt and arlo, when arlo channel is called in second.

for example : when my home alarm is armed, arm arlo camera :

- when my home alarm is armed (somfy channel) : works fine

- arm arlo camera : not working, stuck on "loading"

jd937
Guide
Guide

Can you share your case number so others having this same issue can reference it when contacting Netgear to push for a fix?

LordZozo
Guide
Guide

thank you for your reply. I did not contact the support for the moment. Do you want me to do so, so I will able to provide you a ticket number ?

best regards,

Georges.

LordZozo
Guide
Guide

Hi, 

I have opened a case.

Ticket number #29525407

Best regards

jd937
Guide
Guide

Thanks! I also opened a case today. Hopefully they will notice that this is impacting a lot of customers.

I also contacted IFTTT support, their response is below:

"We're currently having issues with the Arlo service, you can follow along on our status blog for updates about the issue: status.ifttt.com. I hope that things will be up and running with it soon, but there's currently no estimate of when that might happen, as Arlo needs to look into the problem further. Thanks for your patience."

Froid
Tutor
Tutor
I am also unable to create new applets as it gets stuck on loading....Very frustrating reading through this thread and not seeing much done if anything on Netgear's end.
Foppevdv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  Stuck on loading. Really frustrating. I need IFTTT so if this is nog going to be fixed I'm going to return the system..

jb525
Guide
Guide
Below is my case.... still no update since 12/25/17

Regards.

Case #: 29460300
Case Summary: IFTTT issue_Unable to select Arlo Device just shows LOADING in creating an applet
Product: VMB4000
ndillane
Tutor
Tutor

Folks,

It seems pretty obvious that Netgear/Arlo have no intention of doing anything to solve this as it is an ongoing issue since last September.  It's not like they don't know about it as I for one have spoken at length to their support team and I assume they monitor these boards. If they are working on it they should provide a status which they haven't to my knowledge. The only real option I see is to create some kind of online petition which gathers users "signatures" or raises the issues on their social media feeds - afraid I am not an expert here.

I would say to any prospective buyer if IFTTT integration is an important feature for you don't buy these Netgear cameras. I would also caution that Netgear's "support" is fairly mixed at best - pity as Arlo is such a nice product.

jmkirsch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just searched Facebook for Arlo to see if I could leverage that social media avenue, and this came up...LOL!  Way to go, Netgear.

Arlo 404.png

Leecommakevin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve updated the apps and still receive a 404 error when trying to set up Arlo applets in IFTTT. Is there something I’m missing?
ChrisFong
Aspirant
Aspirant

When trying to configure a new IFTTT applet, I cannot choose a camera to trigger a recording.  It just hangs on "Loading..." in the dropdown box.  See attached screenshot.

kinetic2214
Initiate
Initiate
It has been now more than 10 days and it seems Arlo and IFTTT is still not working together. Ifttt is the only way I can control using google home. As Netgear is not implementing the google home APIs., plz fix the only way of integration.

P.S. it’s getting tough day by day to maintain this costly device. Have to start thinking of an alternative.