Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the Arlo system with 2 cameras and had been using IFTTT recipes successfully up until approx 2 weeks ago.  They now only work as a trigger to disarm/arm the arlo base station,

They wont work if the trigger is for example:

'arlo motion'- IFTTT trigger -  record video on my homeboy device OR turn on WEMO plug OR send text applets, none work anymore.

IFTTT receipes work the other way round though, for example

'homeboy disarmed/armed' - IFTTT trigger - Disarm /arm arlo base station

'Sunset' - IFTTT trigger - arm arlo

The above tells me that the Arlo service is talking to IFTTT but for some unknown reason the applets that are 'triggered' by an arlo event just stopped working after approx 18 months of working fine.

I have disconnected the Arlo service and reconnected on IFTTT, deleted all Arlo receipes/applets and started again.  Reset the base station and still no joy.  Event log in IFTTT lists failed events stating 'problem with the arlo service'

Is any one using IFTTT successfully to trigger something else on an Arlo event, eg arlo motion triggers something else to happen on another device?

I have a support case open with Arlo but would like to know if its just me or others are having this issue too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released late last week that has resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing an issue Arlo IFTTT applets.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding while we worked through this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

167 REPLIES 167
wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo support have replied (the 5th reply) and confirmed that there is in fact an issue with Arlo and IFTTT applets and it is being looked at.  I have since found that IFTTT have an incident report dating back to the 28th September reporting an issue with Arlo apps and it is under investigation, no further updates.

Not happy as I use IFTTT triggers to turn on lights on arlo motion, yes there are workarounds but they arent as quick.  Fro example email IFTTT triggers can take 15 minutes, the arlo to wemo IFTTT trigger is almost instant........or was until they broke it.

richfackenthal
Guide
Guide
I have the same issue and also have a support case open with arlo. They have reproduced it and say they are up-leveling the issue.
wenklaw
Apprentice
Apprentice

IFTTT do have a status issue with Arlo applets

http://status.ifttt.com/incidents/2wpfb9t09n8v

Hopefully Arlo and IFTTT are working to resolve this but it was reported and raised on the 28th September, 18 days ago!!!

dan801
Star
Star
The issue with IFTTT and Arlo has been reported back as far as 28th September and is acknowledged on the IFTTT page as being not working. Arlo is silent on the issue (just saying we are investigating) and IFTTT tells me that Arlo has not approached or attempted to rectify the issue. So what’s the story?
richfackenthal
Guide
Guide

Me too.  It has never worked for me.  Motion (or audio) trigger to IFTTT fails always.

I've had the system for about 6 weeks (since ~Oct, '17).

I've have a support case in for about a month - haven't heard anything from them. 

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

bhusband
Apprentice
Apprentice

My IFTTT works intermittent it could be slow servers.  If Netgear can put the popular IFTTT applets native in next Arlo camera application update instead of using a third party service that would be great.

Ohi
Aspirant
Aspirant
No luck. also. My setup is also affected. Arlo and ifttt did work for months but then all off sudden stopped working. I can trigger arlo with echo using ifttt and that’s about it. Can’t get ifttt to call or lutron lights to turn on when motion detected. I have submitted a complaint and was told a fix was on the way. That was about 3 weeks ago
dan801
Star
Star
I’ve contacted Arlo again and was basically told that their is no timeframe on when/if this will be fixed. To me it sounds like it will not be fixed as no one is working on it. It was first reported. In September about 10 weeks ago. It doesn’t take that long to fix something they try and genuinely fix. The IFttt compatibility has also been removed from their product information / website
richfackenthal
Guide
Guide

They removed mention of IFTTT from the Arlo Pro information page, but not the Arlo Pro 2 page, (the new upgrade camera). That page says “plays well with others, IFTTT and Stringify”. Hmm, do you suppose they dropped support for the Arlo Pro just to add another differentiator to the new camera? This really pisses me off. I bought my Arlo Pro kit just 2 months ago with the clear understanding that it would work with IFTTT.

AhTan
Initiate
Initiate
Been monitoring all e discussions on this issue. It’s a major issue that warrant immediate attention. Can this be consider misrepresentation in advertising?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update went out late last week that should resolve the issue users were experiencing with IFTTT applets failing. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

prodmanager
Tutor
Tutor

i still am getting an internal service error. who is owning this issue? IFTTT or Arlo?

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

I am trying to creat an applet to use OK google, Arm Arlo, then Arlo to arm.

So I tell IFTTT what to do with Google assistant,(OK Google, Arm Arlo) no problem, but when it comes time to tell arlo to arm, it gets stuck at this screen, asking which device and it's stuck loading, I cannot get any further. I've tried with both the app on my phone and using laptop with chrome and edge browser, and it does the same thing. Is anyone else able to make this applet? It's a pretty simple applet, and I admit I am pretty new to both arlo and IFTTT.

Whaley12
Guide
Guide
Mine just stopped working today like described above
Whaley12
Guide
Guide
Still not working
richfackenthal
Guide
Guide

It is working for me now.  I have tested it with motion detected --> send me a text, and motion detected --> turn on a WeMo switch.  Both work now, for me.  Thank you Netgear for fixing the issue.  Disappointing however that such a reputable company with an otherwise great product should take 3 months to fix an issue like this.  Also - Netgear - please note that there are some folks here who are saying it still doesn't work for them.  Please help them.

Whaley12
Guide
Guide
This is the error I get
prodmanager
Tutor
Tutor

that is the same exact error i get. this is not fixed as netgear has said.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whaley12, prodmanager

It seems that there could be an issue with a specific recipe, have you tried others? Do all recipes still not work for you?

JamesC

Whaley12
Guide
Guide
No recipes work. They all work yesterday morning and then all of a sudden stopped. My account is linked perfectly.
Whaley12
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem with any Arlo Applets. Same screen I'm stuck at. It used to work.

prodmanager
Tutor
Tutor

yeah no recipes at all work. i have tried with other services. this is not a recipe issue. this is a netgear issue that was supposedly resolved? shouldnt have believed that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whaley12, prodmanager

I've tested this and many other users have confirmed recipes are now working. Try relinking your Arlo account to IFTTT and set up recipes again. Please let me know if you have any success.

JamesC

Whaley12
Guide
Guide
Still getting the same error after delinking and reconnecting the account.