Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jzad77
Tutor
Tutor
I use ifttt to trigger security lights on my garage if the camera detects motion. I'm looking for a way to set this parameter for a certain length of time so that I don't have to manually go into the app and turn the garage light back off.. Any ideas.?
4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You could try Stringify, which gives all the features of IFTTT but with additional abilities

Or you could set up a separate applet in IFTTT that says If Garage Lights are on for a certain length of time, to turn off

Jzad77
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks. I will look into stringify. Caseta doesn't seem to offer the ability to function with a timer like wemo does. Also I have been having trouble with the arlo trigger. Seems there have been issues with arlo and ifttt since Sept or so?
Jzad77
Tutor
Tutor
Looks like in order to get my arlo cameras and lutron caseta Lights to automate the way I want I will need to incorporate a Samsung smart things hub. Looks like caseta isn't compatible with stringify and arlo hasn't been working lately with ifttt.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Bummer it doesn't work as is but yay for getting Smartthings. Smartthings is awesome