Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I do not receive notifications and one camera giving error message on live stream

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Angelina
Follower
Follower

Hi,
I have two Arlo web cameras and I have two different problems.

1) I don't receive any notifications - although I have done everything according to the installation manual and the Iphone settings are ok (Arlo -> notifications -> Ok!) 

2) When I try to check one of my cameras (The live function) i receive an Arlo app message "Can not play, try again!"

I have also installed a Netgear network amplifier in the room. The other camera works fine and both of them have the same settings.

Hope You understand what I mean - English is not my native language 🙂

Thx!

Cheers,
Angelina

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

will assume regular Arlo;

1) if the phone settings are correct, notifications NOT turned off under settings/app ( of phone ) and settings are checked on in the Arlo program to send pushes ( must be done for each camera )

Then I would un-install the phones app and re-install it

2) The Arlo cameras only link to the base...not a Netgear network amplifier.  ( unless you mean the base is plugged into a wifi extender )

If it is just the one camera, I would open and close the battery door to re-set the camera and test again...

If it continues to give you trouble after, then I would switch the two cameras and see if the problem follows the camera.

If problem follows the camera, then contact Netgear support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------