Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nsharoni
Follower
Follower
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need a lot more detail. Is an appropriate mode selected? Is the running man for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray (gray is disarmed)? Can you use live view and manually record? What have you tried? What do you see? 

ElCajonPete
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue and it apears to have just started today.  I took the day off of work and started working around the outside of the house.  I have Arlo in "schedule" mode so its normally Armed at this time of day.  When I completed my tasks I came in and on a whim checked my Library to see what Arlo recorded.  I have a four camera setup and only three of the four cameras recorded anything.  I went out to the non-recording camera and started troubleshooting.  First, I'm able to see in Live mode, no problem.  I then ran a Motion Detection test and I was able to see the amber LED blinking on the camera indicating it could see my movements.  These cameras are about two months old and when I initially set them up I did the Motion Detection test and this particular camera was able to see/detect ~15-20 feet which captured what I needed.  When I did the test this morning the range only appears to be ~8 feet to get the amber light to blink.  However, even when standing less than 5 feet from the camera and the camera in Armed mode its not recording.  I checked my Library and the last recording was about two weeks ago, but that is normal because its not in an area that would get a lot of motion.  So, what should I do?  The battery is showing 84% so I know the charge is good.  Perhaps re-synch?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A resync might be useful as would a battery reinsertion to reset the camera. If still the same issue, swap positions with another camera to verify it's the caamera and not the position.