Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Can't login to web

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TroyTurner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't see any account info when I log in on the web (see attached) from my laptop so I can't make it a trusted device. So I always have to do a push notification to my phone every time. Such a pain 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TroyTurner wrote:

I can't see any account info when I log in on the web (see attached) from my laptop so I can't make it a trusted device. So I always have to do a push notification to my phone every time. Such a pain 🙂

You can of course disable 2FA.  

Arlo has announced that 2FA won't be made mandatory until they support trusting PC browsers.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@TroyTurner wrote:

To turn it off you need to do it in the phone App, not the web page as you tried. 

TroyTurner
Aspirant
Aspirant

So basically you can not use your computer unless you also use your phone to get access. Not the best in user friendliness design.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TroyTurner wrote:

So basically you can not use your computer unless you also use your phone to get access. 

No.  Basically you have to turn off 2FA on the phone.  After that you don't need to use the phone.

When they turn 2FA back, you can trust the PC, so you still won't need to use the phone to get access.