Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub drops offline thru NordVPN

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rawier1709
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running an Arlo VMB4540 hub with a Wireless Video Doorbell and two Arlo 4 cameras.  Hub is connected to my Eero router, which is then connected to a Privacy Hero VPN router running NordVPN.  My problem is that the hub drops offline periodically,  and then reconnects.  Iwon't swear to it, but it seems to drop offline for around a minute, connects for a minute, drops offline, etc., etc.  I've pinged NordVPN support about this but haven't heard back yet.   Anyone in the community have any advice?   I have run with Privacy Hero's own VPN and didn't have this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rawier1709
Aspirant
Aspirant

Switched to another VPN (Privacy Hero) and this doesn't happen.  Won't claim that things don't occasionally drop offline with Privacy Hero, but it certainly doesn't happen with such alarming regularity.  I think we can consider this one closed and I may take it up with either NordVPN or FlashRouters (the router vendor)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Will you see if the issue still persists with the VPN disconnected.

rawier1709
Aspirant
Aspirant

Switched to another VPN (Privacy Hero) and this doesn't happen.  Won't claim that things don't occasionally drop offline with Privacy Hero, but it certainly doesn't happen with such alarming regularity.  I think we can consider this one closed and I may take it up with either NordVPN or FlashRouters (the router vendor)