Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
AngieGreene55
Follower
Follower

I’m trying to update my email address but I can’t seem to find anywhere to do that. One post said to update my netgear account and I did but that didn’t change anything on my Arlo account. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that you should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address through the new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.10. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.10 - 24th October 2019. For the Android app and the web client on your computer, this will be coming soon!

UPDATE (Nov 8, 2019): You should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address with the new Arlo Android update, which is version 2.10, which you can read about here: Arlo Android App - 2.10 - 8th November 2019. We will be sure to update the community when you can update your Arlo user ID/email address on the web client on your computer.

UPDATE (Dec 9, 2019): You should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address on the web client now. If you are having problems to update your Arlo user ID/email address on Android, iOS, or the web client, feel free to reach out to the Support Team.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AngieGreene55,

The ability to change your Arlo user ID (email address) is temporarily disabled. It will return to the Arlo app and web portal soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

BLRaftery
Star
Star

Why did they change the app. it worked fine just the way it was. I'm very frustrated with Arlo and refuse to upgrade because it has been nothing but ONE BIG HEADACHE! #NeverAgainArlo Stuff like this is what discourages me from buying updates/add ons. 

Can't change email. Can't schedule camera's for different times. 

RoR
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I created my Arlo account with my former employment's email address. I left the company and they will eliminate this address soon. How can I change that? Or do I have to create another account with my new email address? If so, how do I connect my system to the new account/email address?

Thanks.

Sienna22
Aspirant
Aspirant

The ability to change your Arlo user ID is temporarily disabled. It will return to the Arlo app and web portal soon.

chharlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will an update be posted here once this feature is re-enabled?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We'll be sure to update the community when we hear any news or information to update your Arlo user ID/email address.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that you should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address through the new Arlo iOS app update, which is version 2.10. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.10 - 24th October 2019. For the Android app and the web client on your computer, this will be coming soon!

UPDATE (Nov 8, 2019): You should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address with the new Arlo Android update, which is version 2.10, which you can read about here: Arlo Android App - 2.10 - 8th November 2019. We will be sure to update the community when you can update your Arlo user ID/email address on the web client on your computer.

UPDATE (Dec 9, 2019): You should be able to update your Arlo user ID/email address on the web client now. If you are having problems to update your Arlo user ID/email address on Android, iOS, or the web client, feel free to reach out to the Support Team.

RoR
Initiate
Initiate

Can you indicate the steps to do so? I have that version of the app and cannot find the option to change the email linked to my ID. Thank you.

RBoutros
Initiate
Initiate

I just tried to change my contact email address in Arlo.  I was unable to find a place to do that, so went to the help tab.  The solution offered was to change the email and/or password in the Netgear page, then log back into the Arlo page and change it there.  I made the change at the Netgear page, but when I logged back into the Arlo page, the account tab is grayed out and not selectable.

My suggestion is that Netgear hire people who do user-centered design so that you can debug your unacceptable user interface.  Really, you have to be kidding when you don't allow a user to change their contact email in the appropriate (Arlo) web page, then it still doesn't work when the user followed your instructions.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RoR,

You should be able to change your email address on the Arlo iOS app by going to Settings > Login Settings > Change Email Address. If you're still not seeing it, try to re-log in or reinstall the app.

Hi RBoutros,

We wanted to let you know that NETGEAR and Arlo are now two distinct companies. You can change your contact email address through the Arlo iOS app. Our development team is still working on the Android app and the web client on the computer to have this ability back.