Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to keep my Arlo App from auto updating?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Madison9299
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I keep the my Arlo mobile app from auto updating? Every time it updates ity keeps say "updateing status" on my mobiile device.

So I remove the updated app and reinstall a old version and it works fine. Plus the newer version does not have the "remember me " feature.

So in simple I want to know how to keep my Samsung note 4 from auto updating my arlo app? Is this possible

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That option may be available FROM the Note's settings > installed  apps ( or similar )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Madison9299
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have looked in my setting  I can't find anything that allows me to turn off updates. I am so frustrated. each time i open the app it open with a message that a update is available .Then about 3rd or 4th time I open it has already updated. then i have to uninstall

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're talking about the app update, right, and not firmware updates? If so, you have to set your store settings to never auto-update for the app by selecting the app and then the menu while viewing the app. That's how it works in Android, at least.

Note that NOT updating the app will likely cause various issues including little things like new features.