Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add friends. He is already a arlo user

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
telle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a Arlo home security system. (3 camera) and will share one camera to a friend. He has the same setup and of course a Arlo accont.

When I send a innvite to him he get a innvite mail and he must create a new account and download the arlo app.

Is it not possibel for him to get access to my camera from his already accont and arlo apps?

Thx

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Good Question.. When you send him the invite, did you put his exact email address from his registered Arlo Account? See if that works.. if it still forces him to create a new one.. then I guess it doesn't work.. 

telle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Ok now, when he click on the invite link from a computer it is ok, open the invite link from a mobil it did not work.

The only problem now is: I must have one camera on for the friends, if i will close all camera for him I must delete him. Then i must send him a invite again. 

We use the sharing option occasionally when we have a party outside and it would have been fine if we need not to send a invite again.

Thx

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

On iOS App:

Tap Settings--Friends--Friend's Name--Edit on top right corner--Uncheck/Check whichever camera you want him/her to see or not.. There's also an Admin Rights below it of which you grant your friend to change settings on your camera.. Don't forget to save by tapping "Done" on the upper right corner of the screen..

On Web: 

Click Settings--Friends--Accepted--Whichever camera you want him/her to see...and Save settings on top right corner.. Again.. Click on Admin rights if you want your friend to change settings on your camera.. 

On Android: I don't have one but am pretty sure it's almost identical as to the above instructions.. 

This way you don't need to delete your friend.. 

telle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thx for answer

I have try that on IOS and can confirm it works, but in android and web you can not save after you remove all camera, You can save if you add a new camera but you can not save if you remove all camera.