Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How often does your Arlo base station crash?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just noticed the original Arlo's base station crashed and had to be physically powered off and on to reboot it since it wasn't responding for many hours. Even its light status stopped changing. 😞 How often does yours crash and have to be power cycled?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had several bases and have never had this happen. If it happens again, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just noticed mine crashed within the last hour. I even had a power outage on Monday for a few hours so it had a recent power cycle. 😞

Does Arlo still support it from early 2015 if I ask them?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Support, yes. Replacement, no.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@jguerdat wrote:

Support, yes. Replacement, no.

Ah OK. Thanks. It crashed again yesterday when I noticed its base station was offline and only power green light was on. Arlo Pro 2 system was still working.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

And again about a hour ago, but with 2 Pro. Argh!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's a bad base or power supply. Fighting with hardware problems ain't worth it. Use the warranty, if available, or buy a new base with return privileges.

micmac51
Aspirant
Aspirant

my base with 2 Arlo Pro 2 crashes every 2 or 3 hours if I connect to it a Toshiba 2 Go USB drive, FAT 32 formatted. The video get saved ok but it keeps crashing all the time. This drive otherwise works fine. Anybody has experienced crashes with a USB drive ? What can I do ? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if it's a power draw issue for the drive. I've used powered drives and thumb drives with no issues.

asl3312
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has crashed once so far in a month of use. I now have the basestation plugged into a smart plug that I can switch remotely from anywhere incase it happens again.