Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do you stop getting alert emails every time someone walk past the camera?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Foley61988
Initiate
Initiate

How do you stop getting alert emails every time someone walk past the camera? I receive emails on my phone and on my computer all day long as the camera is in a prominent spot in my home. It says that Arlo has detected motion on one of your cameras. I would like to know how to stop this. I would like to just be able to go to my app on my phone and check motion periodically during the day. I assume there is a way I can do this without receiving dozens of emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the FAQs and search the posts here as I suggested?

Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes.  The Armed mode is likely the one you're using.  I'd suggest creating your own custom mode(s) to your needs.  When creating a new mode, one camera rule is creaated.  to add more cameras, reedit the mode and continue the process till satisfied.  ANy camera without a rule is disarmed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As noted in the FAQs and many messages here, you edit your modes to make any settings for your recordings.
Foley61988
Initiate
Initiate

How do I do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the FAQs and search the posts here as I suggested?

Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes.  The Armed mode is likely the one you're using.  I'd suggest creating your own custom mode(s) to your needs.  When creating a new mode, one camera rule is creaated.  to add more cameras, reedit the mode and continue the process till satisfied.  ANy camera without a rule is disarmed.

Pmullins_222
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I stop all the emails
Pmullins_222
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are not very helpful, would not recommend arlo to anyone
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pmullins_222,

Take a look at this article for instructions on how to turn on/off email notifications: How do I turn on/off email notifications?

JamesC