Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I increase the recording interval for more than 10 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Eyesonyou
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I get to the Arlo Cloud to retrieve downloaded videos saved? I was under the impression that I have seven days of free cloud storage. So far all I've been able to see is 10 second intervals when motion triggers the video in my library. Does this not have continuous streaming video somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notice the selections at the top of your screen, including Mode.  Click on them and get familiar with the interface.  Also, use the FAQs which have very direct directions for a wide variety of topics.

For your specific issue, use the Mode tab.  Click on your base to select it.  Note the modes in there - by default Armed is used.  Edit the Armed mode and check out the settings available.  Make changes as needed, being sure to save at every opportunity.

Better yet, create your own custom modes so you have complete control over what .you need

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras don't have continuous streaming capability or you be changing batteries daily or every other day. The Q cameras are powered and can be used to stream via live view or the CVR option.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Eyesonyou wrote:
How do I get to the Arlo Cloud to retrieve downloaded videos saved? I was under the impression that I have seven days of free cloud storage. So far all I've been able to see is 10 second intervals when motion triggers the video in my library. Does this not have continuous streaming video somewhere?

Sounds like the system is working fine...BTW, the default time of record is about 10 secs... you can increase this up to 2 mins on the Arlo cameras.

These are MOTION DETECT > then RECORD ,  for the time amount set in the active mode .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Larsp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought one, and i cant find the option to increase til record lenght. There is no menu anywhere and no slidebars for increasing. What to do. It is annoying that it only records 15 seconds. Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notice the selections at the top of your screen, including Mode.  Click on them and get familiar with the interface.  Also, use the FAQs which have very direct directions for a wide variety of topics.

For your specific issue, use the Mode tab.  Click on your base to select it.  Note the modes in there - by default Armed is used.  Edit the Armed mode and check out the settings available.  Make changes as needed, being sure to save at every opportunity.

Better yet, create your own custom modes so you have complete control over what .you need

Larsp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ahhhh. There it is. Been looking 10 times and read some articels without help. Thank you for at specific guide.