Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
butcher
Follower
Follower

im having truble stting a recording time  it will only record for 10 seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

butcher,

For instructions on how to set recording length, see here: How do I adjust the video recording length?

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Kevin...go and set your record time again....

when set, use the BACK at page top... On the PREVIOUS PAGE at bottom is the SAVE button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

butcher,

For instructions on how to set recording length, see here: How do I adjust the video recording length?

JamesC

BadBoy247
Guide
Guide

The most arcane, non-intuitive, round-a-bout way to find this setting EVER !!!

No wonder it got 12 of 14 thumbs up in the Help section; everyone was so happy they found a solution to something so simple like this!!!

Why it isn't in the Camera Setting?

They should realize it's just WRONG !!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BadBoy247,

Recording length is located within the rules to allow multiple recording lengths based on custom mode/rule selections. If recording length was in settings, it would not allow different lengths across different rules/modes.

JamesC

bobmilkman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know how to adjust the recording time but it doesn't matter. Each camera still records only 10 seconds.  It picks up people coming onto my property but I can't see what they are up to because after 10 seconds it stops recording.

I am only able to set the minutes up to 30 but even then, it only records 10 seconds.  If I try to set it for 50 seconds it returns to 10.

Any ideas???

Bob

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
App or browser? Have you tried the other? If one works, give us details about the one that doesn't (device, OS etc.).
bobmilkman
Aspirant
Aspirant

go into mode, then base station but click on the arrow to the right of "armed".  then go to each camera on "record video" and change the time, hit back, then SAVE.  If you try to do that from the base station cameras, it will not affect the recording time.  You must click on the pencil to the right of the "armed" line, then to the cameras you want to adjust the recording time.   Remember after to click "back" then "save" or your new settings will not be set.

arlonewbie35
Initiate
Initiate

I agree with the above statement that this is a non-intuitive way of changing settings.  I took me much longer than necessary to remove my push notifications and extend my recording time.  Arlo should work to simplify this for customers. 

Step 1 - log into account

Step 2 - go into "mode"

Step 3 - click on "active"

Step 4 - click on "edit"...now you can click on the arrows to make adjustments.