Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Home security Camera Kit VMS3330

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Hind5
Tutor
Tutor

Unable to access from Windows 10 PC.  Can only use from Android phone app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hind5 wrote:

We have used Chrome for at least 2 years and have been able to arm & disarm from the PC.  A verification email is sent to the PC and we have been able to key it in and access the system fully.  We are no longer able to do this.  

This still works on my system (tried it yesterday).

If you are seeing a screen like this:

verification.png

Then chose the circled "try another verification method", then you should be able to select email.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hind5 wrote:

Unable to access from Windows 10 PC.  Can only use from Android phone app

What happens when you log into my.arlo.com?

Hind5
Tutor
Tutor

It gives us 3 options to use cloud storage but no other option to stay as we are with local storage.  It does not transfer us into our local set up to enable us to arm or disarm our home system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hind5 wrote:

It gives us 3 options to use cloud storage but no other option to stay as we are with local storage.  It does not transfer us into our local set up to enable us to arm or disarm our home system.

Are you using a PC browser?  Using an ipad or iphone browser will just show you the account/subscription info, and not the cameras.  I believe this is a bug (hopefully Arlo will fix it).

Also, direct access to local storage can only be done from the mobile app.  You can't see local recordings from my.arlo.com, and you won't see the option to enable/disable direct access either.  But you should be able to livestream the cameras, and change other settings.

Hind5
Tutor
Tutor

We have used Chrome for at least 2 years and have been able to arm & disarm from the PC.  A verification email is sent to the PC and we have been able to key it in and access the system fully.  We are no longer able to do this.  It must either be a recent software glitch or because the system is no longer supported due to the move to cloud storage 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hind5 wrote:

We have used Chrome for at least 2 years and have been able to arm & disarm from the PC.  A verification email is sent to the PC and we have been able to key it in and access the system fully.  We are no longer able to do this.  

This still works on my system (tried it yesterday).

If you are seeing a screen like this:

verification.png

Then chose the circled "try another verification method", then you should be able to select email.

Hind5
Tutor
Tutor

System now working OK with no changes by us.  Server problem? Who knows?  Thanks for your input.