Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Home Router password changed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zamfoot
Follower
Follower

2 of my 7 Arlo cameras were offline and I am unable to get them back online. I tried removing the batteries which did not help. I finally "removed" these from the basestation. But now I cannot add these devices back. The remaining 5 work perfectly fine. The only thing I remember is that my home wifi password changed recently. So do I need to update the basestation with the new router password?? But then why are the other 5 still connected and working? thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras could care less about your home WiFi since they use only the dedicated one from the base. How are you trying to connect them?  When you say you removed them, do you mean you removed them from Settings, My Devices? If not, do so.

Reboot the base.  Make sure the batteries are fresh, properly inserted for polarity and don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing. When you close the battery door, you should see a blue flash indicating power has been applied. Then briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds - followed by the camera sync button. All of this should sync the cameras with no problem.