Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hold off on updating the Android app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's an issue with the latest app update released today. It will flash a blank screen, then the desktop, then a blank screen, then the desktop... until you manage to force close. You can clear all data and get it to work briefly but the symptoms will return. Ignore the update for the time being.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version: Release Notes

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zippy001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact problem with with the app update released today on my android phone. I tried reinstalling, but same issues with screen flashing repeatedly. I've only had my system for 4 days and was worked great until now. Hoping for quick fix from support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the update has been pulled.  No idea what happened to the QC to allow this update to even be released.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of this issue and has rolled back the 2.4.3 app update. Please uninstall the app and download again from the app store if you are experiencing this issue.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version: Release Notes

JamesC