Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been using the Arlo base + 3 cameras for over a year with only intermittent issues (all were resolved in time, mostly related to software updates).  Then suddenly yesterday afternoon I wasn't able to log into the web page.  I thought it might be related to a software update so decided to wait a day and give it another try.  No luck.  I've tried using Chrome (Windows) and Internet Explorer (Windows) with the same result.  I go to the Arlo log in page, enter username and password, click "Log In" and nothing.  I tried powering the base station down and then powering it up again.  No change.  What's going on?

19 REPLIES 19
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I installed and tested the Arlo Android app on my phone and it is working.  I am also getting email notifications of motion triggered videos.  But the Windows web app just won't work.  😞

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

What is not working with the Web Portal? What is it showing?

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, the web portal isn't working.  I've tried Chrome and Internet Explorer.  The Android app is working and I get email notifications.  By the way, I posted all this in my original post.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still isn't working.  😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

What is the error message displaying when you say nothing happens? Can you get a screenshot of this? Can you log in from the Arlo Mobile App?

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't get any error message.  When I try to log in it just returns back to the log in screen.  If I try to log in 4 or 5 times in a row, I sometimes get an error message about needing a newer Flash player (which is already installed) but then it goes back to the log in screen.

I don't have this problem when using the Android app.  The is currently the only what I am able to access my Arlo system.

This problem first started on Sunday.  I have been using this system without any major issues for almost a year.  All the cameras and base system are working.  It's just the web based app, and I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

What firmware version is your base station & cameras running? I have attached the link to the firmware release notes here - Firmware

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

See attached...

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Attached is a screen capture of my log in screen.  What I don't understand (and perhaps this is the issue that's causing the problem) is although I've already given Flash permission to run on this page, Flash is still being blocked?

capture1.jpg

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is the base system's info (viewed from the Android app):

Capture+_2018-10-17-18-37-00.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

Can you try the following to see if this helps and test again.

1) Enter this into the URL bar: chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

2) Disable this setting.

3) Restart Chrome.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

gobigkahuna,

Can you try the following to see if this helps and test again....

Gave that a try.  No change.  😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

Can you try this as well. Type "chrome://flags" in the URL bar. Search for "Flash". Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permission and test again.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

gobigkahuna,

Can you try this as well. Type "chrome://flags" in the URL bar. Search for "Flash". Disable "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permission and test again.

I tried it again, still doesn't work.  I tried that flag set to "Enble", "Disable" and "Default" and the webpage behaves the same.  Doesn't work.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

Do you have another laptop or pc you can test this with?

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, but I can't imagine this is a hardware issue.  I'm using a 1 year old Dell i7 laptop.  I also tried it with Internet Explorer, didn't work.

One thing I noticed when running the Android app is that I have to launch the app twice.  The first time I launch the app it immediately closes.  Then I launch it a second time and it works.  This is similar to the behavior I'm seeing under Windows in the browser (except in the browser it only launches the web page for a fraction of a second on the second try).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gobigkahuna,

Due to the amount of issues you are having, I suggest you contact Customer Support. I have attached the link below for you.

Arlo Tech Support

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks but no thanks.  I've already spent too much time trying to troubleshoot the problem for you guys.  It seems that every time your company puts out an update to the software / firmware my system stops working.  One of the three cameras lost the ability to capture color after just 3 months of use.  They zip through batteries like nobody's business.  And the motion trigger is so slow, people can walk up to my door, ring the bell, and then walk away without ever being caught in the video.  I've managed to get some use out of the system, inspite of its limitations, and I'll continue to use it with my Android phone until the system finally dies.  When it does, and I'm guessing that'll happen rather soon, I'll just write this off to experience.  But I certainly would never recommend your product to anyone else.  Loved the idea, but the product was a complete waste of time, money and effort.