Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Swagger444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add myself as a friend using a second email address but I can't seem to be allowed to add a new account. Keeps saying it won't accept my password. Seems to be associating me with my original account. What am I doing wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swagger444,

Welcome to the community! Please follow the instructions in this article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

Once you have sent the invite to the friend e-mail address just click the link to create the friend account.

Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Cathred
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everytime I put my husbands email in to add a friend it says the email is Invalid, but it is his email???

Why is this?

Cath

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cathred,

Are there any special characters in the e-mail? Do you get an error if you attempt to put in a default e-mail such as test@gmail.com?

JamesC

Cathred
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get the same error for anyones email?

Cath

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cathred,

I will reach out to you in a private message to further assist with this issue.

JamesC

dlgu32
Aspirant
Aspirant

has anyone figured this out?  Our issue while setting my wife up as a friend is that she can get through all the account set up and log into the app fine, but she can not see any of the cameras.  It tries to connect to the system and errors every time?  Help would be appreciated here

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dlgu32,

A base station can only be claimed by a single account. Cameras can be viewed from accounts that have been given access through the friends feature. Take a look at this article outlining how to add a friend to an existing Arlo account: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

If your wife has already created the friends account, consider accepting the e-mail invitation (click the "create my own Arlo account" link) from a PC and logging in using her existing account information.

JamesC

dlgu32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

Thanks for your reply, I might have used the wrong terminology, but after reading a lot of posts, I completey understand the base can only be set up for one account (Mine) and I can allow "friend" access to others to view the cameras (wife).  We passed the first hurdle of getting her invite to accept and set up her account last night, the weird thing is after she confirmed her account set up and logged into the app, her invite is still showing up as "pending" on my settings friends invite list.

Now that she has logged into her account in the app, none of the camera's show up to view, nothing shows up, and when we try to trouble shoot and connect to the base, it continues to try to find the system and doesn't connect.  I tried restarting the base multiple times, without any luck.  I will try to log onto her account on our computer tonight rather than on the iphone app to see if there is any difference.

mineblaster
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to add a friend, in this case, my wife, I get the message invalid email even though it is entered correctly.  What is the problem?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there were some server problems ysterday ( I was told ) so, I would suggest another try

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MelP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, my husband has set up the main account and added me as a friend. Every time I click on the link and go to set up my own account it says that 'account exists for the email address'. Then I hit resist password 'no account exists' Can I get some help please?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MelP,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC