Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Has anyone noticed a significant performance boost with SSD storage on their Arlo devices?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
charliekatherin
Follower
Follower

Hey Everyone,

I've been considering upgrading the storage on my Arlo devices to SSD, and I'm curious to hear about your experiences. Has anyone noticed a significant performance boost with SSD storage on their Arlo cameras?

I've read about the potential advantages of using SSDs, such as faster data access and improved overall system responsiveness. However, I believe that real-world experiences from the Arlo community can provide valuable insights.

If you've made the switch to SSD storage for your Arlo devices, I'd love to hear about any improvements you've observed. Did it lead to quicker loading times for videos? How about any changes in the reliability of recordings or the responsiveness of the system?

Additionally, if you encountered any challenges or unexpected issues during the transition to SSD, your input would be immensely helpful. Sharing your knowledge could assist others who might be contemplating a similar upgrade.

Feel free to share the specific SSD brand and model you're using, as well as any tips or recommendations you have for fellow Arlo enthusiasts. Your firsthand experiences can make a big difference for those of us considering this upgrade.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and insights!

Best regards,

Charlie

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no performance boost since any base or hub that uses a USB port for local recordings only has USB2.x hardware (the data rate of the cameras would never swamp that connection). Besides, that's an awfully expensive way to store recordings compared to a decently sized thumb drive.