Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Half life new batteries

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

After installation of Brand New Batteries just purchased from a store that deals with batteries ONLY.

So I don't want to hear that the batteries are old...

The system shows that the batteries have only a half life and is not full.

After the system update this has been a continuous problem where I am burning through batteries like crazy.

Is it Arlo's grand scheme of things to get people to invest in other products?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

what type of batteries ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, have you power cycled the base?

missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

Are you asking the brand name or kind of batteries?

Required batteries for the camera are Lithium CR123

Brand is Nuon, but Inhave used that brand in the past.

missearl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not completely powered down the base, as this was never a requirement for changing batteries, but will try it...

Nilitapaul
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had exactly the same issue. Got new batteries for several cameras. One of them showed half bars, right after installation. I power cycled the base unit, reset the camera, deleted and reattached the camera, all to no effect. Swapped batteries with other new batteries, no change but here's the interesting thing. I took the batteries out of one of the cameras that showed full bars, and put them in the camera that showed half bars. I swap the batteries from The camera that showed half bars, into the other camera and voila, both showed full bars. Something pretty messed up. I would hate to have to do this odyssey every time I change batteries, so netgear, please figure this out and get a fix going
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Exactly half with brand new batteries is generally either due to a poor contact or one of the batteries inserted with the incorrect polarity. Naturally, this is user error. Glad both now show 100% though

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing I've started doing is to NOT push the batteries down when inserting.  I use the battery door to push them down when I close it.  This is due to having had a battery stick down which could be enough to not make contact with the connection on the inside of the door.

Just put them in place and close the door.