Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
vulcankowgirl
Follower
Follower

I granted access to a friend, was approved, She cannot turn system on/off from the app, (no mode icon) and doesn't get e-mail for detected motion like I do. Is there a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Make sure you grant your friend "access rights". This will allow them change modes, turn on and off cameras etc... I am not sure about the email thing though.

You can do this by going back into the app, go to settings, grant access, click or touch on the friend you granted access and at the bottom you should see "allow access rights" make sure there is a check mark and then save.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Scott2ya is correct except the Allow Access Rights is a switch, not a check box.

I don't think your granted access friend will receive an email from your cameras. Perhaps if you really want that to happen, you could set up an automatic fowarding of arlo emails from your email account to your friend's email account. I know that function is available in gmail but not sure about others

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

steve_t wrote:

Scott2ya is correct except the Allow Access Rights is a switch, not a check box.

In my android app it's a check box. Guess it depends on what app, android, IOS, or the web browser.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Scott2ya wrote:

In my android app it's a check box. Guess it depends on what app, android, IOS, or the web browser.

My apologies. I just checked my android app and it is also a check box. Another case of Netgear doing things differently on different platforms. Again, my apologies