Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Good batteries show 0% in cameras, cameras have old firmware

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
wpascarelli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo (original) cameras and an original model base station. I have been using them for several years and havent had this issue. All 3 had 0 battery for an extended time. I replaced the batteries with new batteries in all 3 cameras. 

One camera worked great and instantly showed full battery and was operating normally.

The other 2 cameras show 0% battery even though I replaced them with new batteries. 

I took the batteries that I know are good out of the working camera, and put them in one of the 2 that are not working, and I closed the app and opened it, and it still shows 0% for this camera, using the good batteries. 

I put the batteries from the 0% camera into the camera that was working, and exited the app and re-opened it, and it shows a full battery.

Therefore, it seems to be an issue with the 2 cameras moreso than an issue with the batteries since I am able to get all the batteries to work in the one camera, and none of the batteries work in the other 2 cameras. I have also noticed that the 2 cameras that are not working are on an old firmware (1.2.16720), while the one that works is on 1.3.314.

Is it possible that this is all due to the firmware? Or is there something else wrong with both of these cameras?

I cannot figure out how to update the firmware. In the app, all 3 cameras say the firmware is up to date.

1 REPLY 1
wpascarelli
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after going crazy with this issue for a week and trying every solution that I had found with no luck, I finally found something and was able to fix it myself.

All I did was turn my base station OFF and remove the batteries from all the cameras. I left the base station off for about an hour. I believe the important part is to leave it off for some extended period of time, longer than a minute or so. 

Then I turned the base station back on, and when it finished loading up, I put all the batteries back in the cameras. I opened the app, and immediately the 2 cameras that were not working prompted to update the firmware, and all cameras now show a full battery.