Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Craig_Ultra2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just recently set up “Geofencing”, and used two iPhones. Everything works fantastic. However, if I go into the mode option and select “disarm all devices”,  and then select “arm all devices”,  the mode defaults to “armed”. I want it to default to “Geofencing”.  Because now my “Geofencing” no longer works unless I manually set it in the mode settings. I would like to see a default parameter in settings that would allow me to set the default to “Geofencing”. The default that they put in there could be “armed”, but I would like to change that to “Geofencing”.

I feel this is a real concern. By setting up “Geofencing”, I would believe that I want it to always work, unless I go into the mode settings and manually change it. I  sometimes want to disarm all devices, but when I arm them again, I want geofencing activated. I don’t want to remember that I have to reset geofencing. 

I don’t know how to request this as a possible change to the Arlo app. 

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Normally you would set the mode to geofencing and leave it that way.

You can set geofencing away to use the armed mode, geofencing home to disarmed mode or a custom mode for when your home. I use schedule set with multiple custom modes. 

The lack of global  control of geofencing and schedule is a pain agree although once you have it configured you rarely need to change it.

Craig_Ultra2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.   

I am processing "Geofencing" by using "Away" and a custom setting.  It works fine.  However, during the summer we are outside a lot and I have 3 outside cameras that are constantly notifying me of activity.  So, I turn them off.  I know that we will sometime, just turn them back on and it will not be set to "Geofencing".  That troubles me, because I want the geofencing to always be the default when anyone turns all the devices back on.  My wife does not like technology, and I know she will just turn the cameras "off" and then "on".  I was hoping for some safe way of preventing that from happening.  That is why I would like to be able to set a default when you turn cameras back on. I love the Arlo cameras and would highly recommend them.  However, they lack a lot of sophistication.  

I hope they are going to support the "Matter" smart devices.  Then, I can control them with other software products.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Craig_Ultra2 wrote:

I am processing "Geofencing" by using "Away" and a custom setting.  It works fine.  However, during the summer we are outside a lot and I have 3 outside cameras that are constantly notifying me of activity.  So, I turn them off. 

One option is to disable notifications instead.  You'd still get recordings, but no nuisance notifications.

Notifications would be automatically re-enabled, so you wouldn't need to worry about forgetting.  And even if you did, you'd still be able to review recordings.