Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing works on one hub but spotty on the other

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pandyarajen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two base stations setup at my house with two different account for myself and my wife. We share cameras with each other for proper view and security. I have enabled Geofencing to work with my wife's phone. The problem I am facing is that whenever she leaves the home, the hub with my account registers it properly and changes the mode to "Armed" and when she arrives it changes to "Disarmed". This doesnt work with the other hub. It sometimes changes to Armed and stays there or never changes to Armed. If the same phone is triggering the geofencing for one hub it should for second as well. I dont understand what's going on.

I did try and remove all enabled devices from the second hub, save, and add her phone again but still no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are the two bases located? Is there miles or feet of separation? I ask because if the locations are widely separate it could partly be due to the ability for the location services to not work as well in one location.

PaCharger
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have one hub but have the same issue. If I leave the house geofencing turns the cameras to armed even if my wife is there!
pandyarajen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Sorry for late response, I was away and could not resopnd in time.

Both bases are not more than 50 ft away. One is in basement (which works perfect) and other is in Master bedroom. Both are same model and on same firmware, if that make any difference.

I tried everything and still can't get the other one to work properly on geofencing. it just doesnt trigger.

Sometimes, I also run into situation where the both base stations will not change from Armed to Disarmed in morning which should happen based on the schedule. I have to do it manually as I keep getting alerts.

pandyarajen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did try with two phones to see if its smart enough but no luck, So I changed based on my wife's phone as she is home and it makes more sense to connect to her phone.